These classes are for figure skaters who are training for competitions, the Iceplex offers freestyle sessions. Skaters in freestyle sessions have access to the sound system so that they may play their competition program music and take private lessons.
To encourage independent working and proper training habits, parents are asked to sit in the stands and are not permitted to stand in the doorways. Special video and harness lessons are available in freestyle sessions.
THE EARLY MORNING FREESTYLE SESSIONS MAY CHANGE FROM TIME TO TIME. PLEASE CHECK THE SCHEDULE PRIOR TO COMING TO THE FACILITY FOR CONFIRMATION THAT THE SESSIONS ARE BEING HELD.
$12 per session
$220 for 20 sessions
can be purchased through your daysmart account.
Freestyle rules of conduct
- FREESTYLE PURPOSE: The purpose of Freestyle sessions are for teaching and training.
- PUBLIC SESSION PURPOSE: The purpose of Public Sessions is to provide a safe and friendly environment for new customers, to experience the joy of skating.
- REGISTRATION: Skaters must check-in at the Welcome center prior to entering the ice. All skaters must wear the
- FREESTYLE or PUBLIC STICKER while on the ice. Visiting Coaches must always wear appropriate sticker confirming clearance to teach that day. Skaters not wearing appropriate sticker for the session will be asked to leave the ice
- FREESTYLE RIGHT OF WAY Protocol:
- Skater in program with overhead music
- Skater in lesson
- Skaters on the harness also have the right away.
- No breakable containers are allowed rink side. Drinks are allowed on or below the railing.
- Food is not permitted near the rail or on the ice.
- Please pick up all belongings (including dirty tissues, water cups, bottles, etc.) at the end of the session. Parents, skaters not in the session or other spectators should not loiter at the rail or benches.
- Coaching by parents from the bleachers, benches or railing is not allowed at any time. Parents will be asked to leave the arena if this happens. The benches by the ice are to be used by the skaters and coaches only.
- If skaters must talk to someone off the ice, even if for a brief time, they need to get off the ice to do so or the skater will be asked to leave the ice.
- Remember to Keep moving while on the ice. Spins should be practiced in the middle of the ice.
- PROHIBITED BEHAVIOR _ Kicking, digging holes, scraping or stomping the ice with your blades and kicking the railings are prohibited. Any skater engaging in this behavior will be asked to leave the session immediately.
- ENTERING / CLEARNING the Ice: DO NOT ENTER THE SESSION PRIOR TO YOUR DESIGNATED START TIME! EXIT PROMPTLY AT THE CONCLUSION OF YOUR SESSION
- When the ice-resurfacer horn sounds, all skaters and coaches must leave the ice immediately. If you are skating to your music, please stop skating immediately, turn off music and clear the ice – no exceptions. $220 for a 20x punch pass